Program Manager – Policy
Swaniti Initiative | November 2, 2022 | The Swaniti Blog
Motive: Manage projects, design proposals, and work with team members on policy engagement projects
About the Organization
Swaniti Initiative is a social enterprise that aims to deliver development solutions by working in partnership with the parliamentarians and central/state/district governments. We leverage on-ground presence and the use of data and technology tools to strengthen the last-mile delivery of programs to the most vulnerable populations.
About the Position
We are looking for an experienced professional who is keen on taking up the senior leadership role of Program Manager (PM) in the Policy Engagement Vertical. The PM shall be responsible for managing teams, ensuring deliverables are complete and end-to-end management of projects in close coordination with the Vertical Lead. Additionally, the role will also consist of providing technical and strategic support to parliamentarians and partnering organisations, managing relations with all stakeholders, managing the performance of Team Members, and supporting their professional growth. S/he would be expected to maintain the integrity of quality and effectiveness of time and resources. Identifying strategically important projects, developing proposals, and deﬁning monitoring and assessment frameworks remain a critical components of the role.
- Post-graduate degree in any ﬁeld with Public Policy, Law, Governance, Development Studies, Economics, etc.
- Minimum 7 years of work experience in the policy and governance space with a strong preference for those working in research or advocacy roles
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience in project management and team management
- Prior experience of working with parliamentarians or multilateral agencies and large foundations will be favorably looked upon.
- Conceptualize and manage projects with the support of team members
- Oversee the development of research papers on various topics of national and international importance
- Oversee policy research and analysis to support existing projects as well as proposals for new bodies of work; synthesizes research ﬁndings to identify and recommend best practices.
- Extract, collect, and aggregate data across databases, information sources, survey responses, and other data sources; ensures data quality; clean and check existing data for consistency and accuracy.
- Oversee the development of infographics for diverse audiences.
- Provide leadership in coordinating, administering, analyzing, and reporting on projects.
- Develop various work reports, presentations and other pieces as may be requested by the elected representatives.
- Oversee the quality of deliverables and ensure that the product is of high quality.
- Take up projects as may be requested by the management of the organisation.
- Collaborate with the Communications team for creating posts on topics related to public policy and related initiatives.
- Proactively reach out to elected representatives, and government and private stakeholders to achieve project objectives.
- Interact with clients/donors/high-value stakeholders.
- Review research products and coordinate within the team for their timely delivery.
- Maintain internal trackers and processes for eﬃcient reporting and operations.
Guide and supervise team members as and when required
Skills Required and Personality Traits Preferred
- Project Management
- Team Management
- Strategic Planning
- Stakeholder Management
- Critical thinking
- Problem Solving
- Negotiation Skills
- Writing and reviewing
- Research and Communication
Computer / Technical Skills
- Proﬁciency in MS Oﬃce suite
- Google Drive and Survey Forms
- Expertise in public policy
- Data/communication tools
- Tech Savvy
- Quick Learner