Multi-Sectoral Analysis of Growth Opportunities for the North-East
- The Northeastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura, face unique developmental challenges compared to the rest of India and require targeted policies to address these problems
- There are three opportunities for growth and development in the region:
– Human capital development
– Infrastructural growth
– Economic development
- From developing transport connectivity to growing hydro-power to increasing the number of educational institutions, there exists tremendous opportunity in the region
- This policy brief outlines the scope of development in some crucial sectors and prospective ways to develop them. These sectors were selected as key areas of focus on the basis of extensive research, analysis of available government data, and identification of areas in which Northeast Region (NER) is lagging behind the rest of the country.