10 Point Action Agenda for Development of the North East Region
- A 10 point actionable agenda memorandum presented to the NEMPF ahead of their meeting with the Prime Minister regarding a holistic and focused approach towards development of the North Eastern States. The North East Region encompasses 8 states including Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- The 10 point agenda included:
- Strengthening institutional frameworks
- Addressing law and order
- Enabling growth through RADaR connectivity
- Strengthening power generation and transmission
- Managing natural resources
- Realizing the ‘Act East’ vision
- Empowering youth through knowledge and skills
- Creating jobs through industry and entrepreneurship
- Developing integrated tourist circuits
- Ensuring universal healthcare
- The attached report is a summary of the comprehensive brief submitted to the NEMPF.