The main functions of the M & E Cell are:
- Plan, develop, implement and manage the overall framework for engagement M&E, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, cost-benefit analysis and lessons-learned consultations.
- Facilitate on ground research pertaining to the Swaniti Engagements and summarize evidence of which development interventions work, when and why.
- Building M&E systems focused on data collection, data aggregation, data analysis and reporting (internal and external).
- Identifying the key performance indicators and parameters for monitoring project performance and comparing it to targets and design the format for such performance reports.
- Expand the initiative through running pilot evaluations for governments in India.