About Swaniti Initiative:
Swaniti Initiative is a non-partisan, social enterprise that delivers development solutions to policy makers and representatives. Swaniti works with state governments and Parliamentarians across seventeen states. Swaniti supports on issues of health, education, gender, water, sanitation and livelihood. We work through a three-pronged approach: provide research support on key government programs and initiative, on ground implementation insights for delivery of public service and technological intervention to improve service delivery.
Swaniti Initiative is looking for talented and highly motivated individuals who can provide policy assistance to the Parliamentarians and support the Outreach team, in and around the Parliament Session. The individual will also be involved with the team, managing multiple tasks on key flagship program of outreach to Parliamentarians. Tasks would range from data evaluation, research and policy analysis, and curating discussions amongst policy-makers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Keeping up to date with the proceedings of the Parliament.
- Evaluation of bills and policies, based on current discussions in both houses.
- Research based on Parliamentary proceedings, and discussions within the Parliament on government schemes, policies and governance initiatives.
- Extensive research support to Parliamentarians, across various sectors including health, education, sanitation, livelihoods etc.
- Analyzing data and working on data visualization using open data sources.
- Connecting and coordinating with Parliamentarians and other officials.
- Supporting the outreach team in curating events, roundtable conferences and issue briefings for Parliamentarians and government policy-makers, including preparing case studies and research briefs.
- Bachelor’s degree Economics, Political Science and Law and other related field
- 1-3 years of prior experience in roles related to problem-solving in any organization strongly preferred
- Master’s degree in social science/law related fields strongly preferred.
- Superior analytical and writing abilities
- Knowledge of government policies, schemes and functioning
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Capacity to work quickly and provide deliverables at short notice
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational abilities
- Ability to work in a team and handle multiple projects simultaneously
Location: New Delhi
Remuneration: As per the market standards
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter
- Writing sample on any recent policy issue (one-page maximum)
About the Project
Swaniti Initiative has been appointed as the nodal agency tasked with setting up and running a Project Management Unit in Ranchi District to oversee the functioning of the District Mineral Foundation (DMF). The District Mineral Foundation (DMF) is a registered trust set up as a non-profit body, in districts affected by commercial mining, to work for the interest and benefit of persons and areas affected by
Swaniti Initiative has been mandated to set up a five-member PMU based out of Ranchi for a period of two years. The five positions are as follows:
- Team Lead (JD)
- Project Officer – Health (JD)
- Project Officer – Livelihood (JD)
- Project Officer – Civil Engineering (JD)
- Project Officer – Finance/Admin (JD)
Fourth Round: A final round of interviews for the candidates that are shortlisted will be conducted in both New Delhi and Ranchi.
We are looking for passionate and experienced professionals who are keen on working closely with the government in catalyzing change in what are some of the most vulnerable communities and regions of India. Interested candidates are requested to complete this form.