For Technology Jobs please apply at our Partner Organization website: www.ankaha.com/careers
(Front-end Developer, Back-end Developer, Full Stack Developer, Technology Product Manager, GIS Expert etc.)
The Integrated Village Development Program (IVDP) is an innovative project in collaboration with the Government of Uttarakhand and a partner organization, that seeks to create eight model villages in the Pindar valley region of Bageshwar district. Our organization aims to improve the reach of government services and schemes in the villages and empower the community to demand their basic rights and services. This is achieved through mobilizing the community, creating groups (SHGs and youth groups) for collective and concerted action as well as liaising with local administration.
We are looking for a passionate development professional willing to work at the grassroots level with rural communities. The candidate must have previous experience working with rural communities and creating and nurturing self-help groups (SHGs). The candidate must have excellent people skills so as to coordinate efficiently with the various government departments and officials in bringing improved service to the project area. The candidate must be comfortable living in rural areas, travelling on foot for long distances and going long periods without tele-connectivity and electricity.
Badiyakot Cluster, Kapkot Block, Bageshwar District, Uttarakhand
- Lead the program by building the capacity of the community and scaling up existing interventions.
- Nurture existing self-help groups and form new groups wherever necessary to improve the social and financial standing of women in the community. The groups must undertake regularly savings, lending and bookkeeping and also be encouraged to undertake income generating activities.
- Liaison with government officials to bring government schemes and services to the villages.
- Work with elected representatives from each gram panchayat to build their capacity and improve the delivery mechanism of the government.
- Work with partner civil organizations in the IVDP program and provide necessary support in the form of data analysis, community mobilization and field insights.
- Identifying specific problems that might exist in the community and resolving them through specific interventions that can be taken up by partner organizations or the government.
- Document all on going work through briefs, emails and other forms of documentation process and report frequently to the Swaniti Manager.
- Graduate degree in any field. Those with degrees in rural management/social work/public policy will be given preference.
- At least 1 year of experience working with rural communities.
- Ability to mobilize community and groups and conduct regular meetings in villages.
- Ability to coordinate smoothly between various government departments and departments and elected representatives.
- Ability to facilitate interventions by government departments in the villages.
- Ability to make presentations and present work regularly to district magistrate and partner organizations.
- Fluency in Hindi.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel
Strong leadership skills, excellent people and team skills and a constant willingness to learn.
Apply through Recruiterbox for this opening.