The mission of Swaniti Initiative is to work through elected officials to deliver development to the base of the pyramid by providing on the ground support in the form of engagements and knowledge insights on key government programs and approaches. Swaniti works with MPs to mobilize flagship government initiatives like the Model Village Program and/or provide information insight on key government programs like National Rural Livelihood Mission.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Senior Associate core functions and responsibilities include:
- Recruitment & Communication
- Lead the Recruitment and induction process (including training, social media outreach, selection process etc.)
- Good communication skills, report writing, analytical skills and documentation
Project &Team Management
- Mentoring and handholding Associates and managing the on-ground project implementation in constituencies
- Initiate and support the process of project management (identification, implementation, review and impact assessment)
- Be responsible for all the communication, documentation and reporting to the Donor. Member of Parliament
- Initiate and manage the Outreach to the MPs for onboarding the MPs to the program
- Initiate and facilitate the projects to be taken up in the constituency.
- Relationship management with MPs.
- Facilitate and manage the relationship between different stakeholders (MP, Associate, Donor, Swaniti Team)
- Donor relationships
Desired Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of being a “problem solver” in either the private or public sector, i.e. S/he will have had significant previous experience of initiating and/or leading programs that have yielded significant impact. S/he will be expected to demonstrate a strong commitment to governance through their existing knowledge of the space. The ideal capacity will have proven capabilities in using communication to achieve program deliver goals.
The candidate should also have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-4 yrs of work experience in development or consulting sector, preferably candidates who have worked with public institutions.
- Minimum qualification to be Post Graduate in any discipline
- Strong knowledge of government policies and initiatives.
- Experience in initiating, developing and/or launching programs in any field strongly preferred.
- Experience in related to management and execution of programs (in development and non- development field).
- Ability to work with passion, commitment and dedication as a part of a larger team working to strengthen governance.
- Strong writing and verbal skills that demonstrates clear and linear thinking about problem solving.
- Exceptional relationship management skills, especially in working with experienced leaders like Members of Parliament.
- Willingness to travel extensively across India.
If interested, send your resume with the Subject: Finance Officer Position to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
Swaniti Initiative is a social enterprise that aims to deliver development solutions by working in partnership with the central, state and local governments. We leverage on ground presence and the use of data and technology tools to strengthen last mile delivery of programs to the most vulnerable populations. We specifically focus on delivering public programs such as government schemes, established institutional mechanisms and welfare programs.
- Graduate in Commerce
- Finance Work Experience of at least 3 years
- Comfortable with MS-Excel
- Knowledge of Tally
- Prior experience in working for an NGO
Remuneration: Competitive, as per industry standards
- Accounting and maintaining Books of Record
- Prepare and facilitate in salary disbursement of the employees
- Maintain invoices for all third parties
- File TDS wherever required
- Support the Finance Manager in day-to- day financial related activities of the organization
- Prepare financial reports as per the requirements of the organization
- Any other work as deemed fit by Swaniti Initiative
Contact Details: If interested, send your resume with the Subject: Finance Officer Position to email@example.com
(Front-end Developer, Back-end Developer, Full Stack Developer, Technology Product Manager, GIS Expert etc.)