Be the change you want to see!
For queries related to internship opportunities and full-time positions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisor – Development Projects
- State Program Manager, Jharkhand
- Technical assistance to State Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Outreach & Communitcations Associate | Swaniti USA
- Financial Manager
- Data & Technology Openings
- Register for Future Opportunities!
- Intern With Us!
- Providing strategic guidance to the operation teams which are working on initiatives focused towards supporting vulnerable communities with increased employment opportunities
- Play the role of a guide and philosopher in strategic planning targeting overall improvement in socio-economic indicators of aspirational communities
About the Organization
Swaniti Initiative is a social enterprise that aims to deliver development solutions by working in partnership with the central, state and district governments. We leverage on-ground presence and the use of data and technology tools to strengthen the last-mile delivery of programs to the most vulnerable populations.
About the Position
We are looking for an experienced senior-level professional who is keen on taking up an advisory role in the development sector. The Advisor shall provide strategic guidance to the teams who are working in close coordination with the government for goals like unemployment reduction, livelihood generation, improving educational outcomes, ensuring healthcare delivery and poverty reduction. The Advisors would have to maintain unparalleled integrity and focus on the effectiveness of teams in the deployment of resources and management of programs. The advisors will also be expected to strategically identify projects and ensure the appropriate monitoring and impact assessment. The Advisor will not have to remain on the project location but will have to visit the team once in three months. With the support of the team, the Advisor would be expected to provide insights into the formulation and implementation of end-to-end strategy, and in maintaining a consistent liaisoning with the stakeholders.
Remuneration: Commensurate to market standards
- Post-graduate degree in any field with a preference for those possessing a degree in management or specialisation in any subject which may be directly dealing with poverty reduction and governance
- Minimum 12 years of work experience in the development sector/government/corporate. Preference is given to candidates possessing experience of team management in projects with the government.
- At least 6 years of experience of working in a leadership position where team size was bigger than 4 members
- Team Building and strategy formulation
- Coaching team with practical experiences
- Act as an improviser for the processes like Project Designing, Implementation, monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead the course correction if needed in close coordination with the appropriate authority.
Skills Required and Personality Traits Preferred
- English/Hindi Communication – Proficiency in Verbal and Written
- Strategic Planning and Management
- Project Management
- Critical thinking
- Constructive Systemic Outlook
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Google Drive and Survey Forms
- Emailing and Video Conferencing
- Tech Savvy
- Quick Learner
Details at a glance
- Job type: Full time
- Last date of application: 25th October 2020
- You need to provide your CV in the prescribed format.
To download the format, please click CV Format
Submit your applications in the application form
Position: State Program Manager
Location: Ranchi, Jharkhand
Reporting To: CEO, Swaniti Initiative
Deadline: 30th September 2020
Remuneration: Commensurate with market standard and relevant experience
About Swaniti Initiative: Swaniti Initiative is a non-partisan, social enterprise that delivers development solutions to policymakers and representatives. Swaniti works with State Governments and Parliamentarians across 17 states. Swaniti supports on issues of health, education, gender, water, sanitation and livelihood. We work through a three-pronged approach: provide research support on key government programs and initiative, on-ground implementation insights for delivery of public service and technological intervention to improve service delivery.
Overview of the project: Swaniti Initiative will be providing technical assistance to the Government of Jharkhand to mitigate the challenges on livelihood opportunities of the vulnerable sections due to the effects of climate change. This is envisioned to be done by strengthening the existing schemes and programs implemented by the State that significantly contribute to climate change mitigation. The larger vision of the programme also includes how to make Jharkhand a leading State in renewable energy production and consumption while helping the State economy to transition gradually towards more green technology. This is in accordance with the sustainable development goal of making India a promoter for the use of clean and affordable energy.
Swaniti Initiative is looking for a passionate, vision-driven and experienced professional, who is eager to contribute to the government system by working on schemes and programs that contribute towards mitigating changing climatic conditions. The individual with a background in climate change mitigation/energy/renewables will be preferred. The work will be focused around need assessment, facilitating alignment of policy decisions, brainstorming with relevant stakeholders and following-up with the allied departments of the Government of Jharkhand. The State Programme Manager (SPM) will be acting as a catalyst between several departments of the state government and will also operate in direct concurrence with the CEO, Swaniti Initiative. The position provides tremendous opportunity to get exposure to multiple domains while working with the allied departments of the State government.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To manage the implementation of the research and evaluation strategies, operations of the team and represent the team at the relevant policy review meetings at different levels of the government in coordination with relevant stakeholders
- The State Programme Manager is expected to summarize evidence from the field research and plan the corresponding strategy for execution of the action plan.
Stakeholder Management and Relationship Building:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with strategic authorities at the state headquarters like the secretaries of the departments, commissioners of the allied departments, directors, and project officers at the divisional and district level
- Establish consistent communication network among each of these stakeholders for immediate course correction measures
- Cross-vertical collaboration: Initiate and participate in cross-vertical collaboration opportunities across the various departments in the State machinery such as providing systematic support to an on-going research project etc.
Institutionalize Systemic changes:
- The State Programme Manager is expected to provide recommendation and support to the government in institutionalising structural and policy interventions.
- The SPM has to provide required assistance and guidance to the government stakeholders to ensure that the recommendations are adopted and disseminated at each level of the administrative machinery.
- Masters in subjects like Public Policy, Development Studies, Economics, Rural Development/Statistics, Public Policy and Governance etc.
- 5 years of work experience with minimum 2-3 years of prior working experience in managing/implementing projects or doing consultation for projects related to climate change/green energy/livelihoods etc
- Excellent communication skills and writing abilities to draft policy memos, proposals and project reports etc.
Skill and aptitude required:
- Team Management
- Critical thinking ability
- Problem-Solving skills
- Strategy Management
- Proficiency in MS office and IT Tools
To apply, please fill this form!
Position Name – Development Associate
Reporting to – State Project Manager
Application Deadline– 20th Sept. 2020
About the organisation: Swaniti Initiative in collaboration with the Government of Andhra Pradesh aims to strengthen and implement evidence-based conceptualization, convergence and implementation of policies and programs to ensure the holistic and inclusive development of the most under-served sections of the population.
About the Position: Swaniti Initiative is looking for a passionate, driven and experienced professional, who is eager to contribute to government systems via strengthening data collection, data analysis, gap identification, scheme conceptualization, planning, and implementation mechanisms. The professional will be acting as a catalyst among several departments of the administration and the community; coordinating with the State Project Manager (SPM) of Swaniti Initiative and will be assisting the district administration for better planning of developmental activities. The position provides a tremendous opportunity to get exposure to multiple domains and development sectors in partnership with the state government.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Strong Project Participation and Oversight:
• Designing survey questionnaires, conducting qualitative research, revising study design and surveying instruments
• Assist in preliminary data analysis and data alignment
• Conduct background research in conjunction with field research activities
• Conceptualize stakeholder mobilization strategy in coordination with peers and the SPM
• Maintain and grow effective relationships with project stakeholders
• Lead all initiatives in coordination with the SPM as required by the project.
Reporting and Communication:
• The associate functions in direct coordination with the State Project Manager (SPM).
A unique experience in terms of:
• Exposure to multiple domains of development sector at the grassroots level and above
• Opportunity to directly participate with the State Government in decision making
• Tremendous opportunity to impact the development of the district in a positive manner
• Develop replicable models of district-level development
• Functioning in close coordination with the district administration
• Working with highly skilled and proficient teams
• Masters in subjects like Development Studies, Economics, Rural Development, Statistics, Public Policy and Governance etc.
• At least 1 year of work experience in relevant field or previous experience of working on large scale government schemes and programmes
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English, ability to draft concept papers, evaluation summaries and key insight papers
• Data Collection, Data Analysis, Strategic Planning, Community mobilization,
• Knowledge on Monitoring and Evaluation based assessment frameworks, impact assessment tools and results-based assessment framework
• Ability to run and design surveys, expertise in qualitative & quantitative survey methods
• Prior experience working with large data sets and programming in Stata, SAS, or other statistical programs
• Fluency in Telugu
• Knowledge of related technical fields including training in macroeconomics,
econometrics, statistics, and advanced mathematics with demonstrated experience in
conducting regression analysis for social science-related data sets
Desired Personality traits:
• Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player
• Experience of working in a governmental and multi-donor environment/projects
• Willingness to travel to rural areas
Location: Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh
Remuneration: Commensurate with market standards
To apply, please fill this application form!
About the Organisation: Swaniti Initiative is a 501 ( c ) 3 non profit that works on delivery of public services by strengthening governance. Swaniti works with government agencies and grassroots communities across South Asia in livelihood creation and social safety nets to ensure that all the most vulnerable have the financial support and health systems needed to grow and thrive. For example, Swaniti has been working with various Indian state governments to provide them with technical assistance to recognize why certain public service delivery gaps exist (for example low enrollment rate in welfare programs etc.) and how to, most effectively, overcome them and build capacity (for example suggesting targeted IEC programs). Our goal is to work through government agencies and communities to create systems for long term change.
About the Position:
Swaniti is currently seeking out a communications and outreach associate who has strong verbal and writing skills. As part of a small team, the professional will be expected to take on diverse roles however, communication will remain central to it. Roles and responsibilities would include the following:
- Writing briefs and research papers on governance and development in South Asia. For sample briefs check out http://www.swaniti.com/swaniti-thematic-briefs/#
- Reaching out to partners to organize online and/or face-to-face panel discussion events on key developmental issues.
- Coordinating with the Swaniti team to help in formulating strategic partners who can provide knowledge and/or technical assistance.
- Support in overall growth of Swaniti USA.
Undergraduate degree in political science, economics or related fields
At least 1 year of work experience in a think tank, development organization etc.
Strong preference given to those who have experience in South Asia
Understanding of international development and governance.
Preferred location: Washington DC
US Citizens only
Details at a Glance:
- Remote work possible
- Full Time Work Schedule
- Professional Engagement through Contract
- Application Deadline – September 20, 2020
- Job Starts – September 30, 2020
Location: Swaniti Initiative, Houston, TX, USA
Remuneration: Commensurate with market standards
How to Apply:
Please send the following documents at email@example.com with the Subject Line – “C&O Associate Swaniti USA”:
1. Cover Letter describing your professional background including 1 paragraph on “WHY SWANITI?”
2. 1 – 2 page/s CV that highlights specific work experience and/or education that align/s with the job description.
About Swaniti Initiative & Ank Aha: Swaniti Initiative is a non-partisan, social enterprise that delivers development solutions to policy makers and representatives. Swaniti works with state governments and Parliamentarians across 17 states. Swaniti supports on issues of health, education, gender, water, sanitation and livelihood. We work through a three-pronged approach: provide research support on key government programs and initiative, on ground implementation insights for delivery of public service and technological intervention to improve service delivery. Ank Aha is the technological partner of Swaniti Initiative. It works for supporting organisations and the government system with data tech solutions for better policy decisions and governance.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional who is keen to use financial management skills and tools for maintaining the financial health of the organisation.
- A certified Chartered Accountant as per the regulations of ICAI
- Candidate must have at least 2 years of work experience in the social development sector
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain appropriate records for all fixed assets of the organisation.
- Prepare and submit annual budget statement and financial reports.
- Process salaries and reimbursement claims of staffs of the organisation.
- Liaison with the bank on various issues and prepares bank reconciliation statements.
- Comply with all statutory and legal requirements of the organisation in a timely manner.
- Comply with all auditory requirements of the organisation in a timely manner.
- Assists and cooperates the top management to maintain the financial health of the organisation
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Competencies and Personality Traits:
- Integrity with professional ethics.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyses diverse information and manage the finances of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Competency in usage of Financial software, IT tools including proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Strong oral and writing skills in English.
What do you get in this role?
- Opportunity to work under the mentorship of a Harvard University MBA
- Opportunity to work in a high growth environment and manage finances including significant international transactions.
- Opportunity to work with Quickbooks and Tally environment.
- Opportunity to participate in strategic and financial planning with CEO and Board.
Location: New Delhi Office, Swaniti Initiative
Remuneration: Commensurate with market standards and relevant experience
Interested candidates may send their updated CV at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Name_FM_Month_2020’
*Application is on rolling basis.
To be informed of future opportunities, please click here.