Be the change you want to see!
For queries related to internship opportunities and full-time positions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DMFT Planning and Monitoring Unit – Project Officer, Civil Engineering
- Data & Technology Openings
- Intern With Us!
We are looking for a passionate and experienced civil engineer who is keen on working in the development sector. The chosen candidate shall work as part of a five-member Project Management Unit (PMU) that shall work with the District Mineral Foundation (DMF) to monitor, plan for and implement development works in mining affected regions of the district. The Civil Engineer shall play a crucial role in monitoring the civil works underway as well as evaluating the completed works. We are looking specifically for driven professionals who are capable of working in a public sector setting while maintaining high productivity.
The candidate must be a graduate in civil engineering with minimum experience of 2 years working in the same field. The candidate must have experience monitoring and evaluating civil works. Preference will be given to candidates possessing previous experience of working with government departments.
- Study drawings and estimates of projects submitted by various line DMF(T) administrations for approval under the DMF. Propose alterations and revisions required, if any.
- Supervise various construction activities taken up under District Mineral Foundation (DMF).
- Ensure that the construction is in compliance with the drawing and estimates approved.
- Assess value of works done and approve bills/vouchers for fund release to the implementing agency.
- Report to the Team Leader, Planning and Monitoring Unit (PMU).
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Competencies and Skills
- It is imperative to follow and maintain high integrity and ethical standards as demanded by Swaniti Initiative as an organization, especially keeping in mind the murky nature of public sector civil works.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze diverse information and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Competency in usage of IT tools including proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Strong oral and written skills in English.
- Ability to communicate in Hindi is desirable.
Location: Pakur, Jharkhand
Remuneration: 4.8-6 LPA
Job Description: Full Time
For those applicants interested in the position please fill this form – https://forms.gle/
Swaniti provides compensation competitive to other social enterprises.