Be the change you want to see!
For queries related to internship opportunities and full-time positions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical assistance to State Government of Andhra Pradesh
- District Programme Manager, Ranchi
- Outreach & Communitcations Associate | Swaniti USA
- Financial Manager
- Data & Technology Openings
- Register for Future Opportunities!
- Intern With Us!
Position Name – Development Associate
Reporting to – State Project Manager
Application Deadline– 20th Sept. 2020
About the organisation: Swaniti Initiative in collaboration with the Government of Andhra Pradesh aims to strengthen and implement evidence-based conceptualization, convergence and implementation of policies and programs to ensure the holistic and inclusive development of the most under-served sections of the population.
About the Position: Swaniti Initiative is looking for a passionate, driven and experienced professional, who is eager to contribute to government systems via strengthening data collection, data analysis, gap identification, scheme conceptualization, planning, and implementation mechanisms. The professional will be acting as a catalyst among several departments of the administration and the community; coordinating with the State Project Manager (SPM) of Swaniti Initiative and will be assisting the district administration for better planning of developmental activities. The position provides a tremendous opportunity to get exposure to multiple domains and development sectors in partnership with the state government.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Strong Project Participation and Oversight:
• Designing survey questionnaires, conducting qualitative research, revising study design and surveying instruments
• Assist in preliminary data analysis and data alignment
• Conduct background research in conjunction with field research activities
• Conceptualize stakeholder mobilization strategy in coordination with peers and the SPM
• Maintain and grow effective relationships with project stakeholders
• Lead all initiatives in coordination with the SPM as required by the project.
Reporting and Communication:
• The associate functions in direct coordination with the State Project Manager (SPM).
A unique experience in terms of:
• Exposure to multiple domains of development sector at the grassroots level and above
• Opportunity to directly participate with the State Government in decision making
• Tremendous opportunity to impact the development of the district in a positive manner
• Develop replicable models of district-level development
• Functioning in close coordination with the district administration
• Working with highly skilled and proficient teams
• Masters in subjects like Development Studies, Economics, Rural Development, Statistics, Public Policy and Governance etc.
• At least 1 year of work experience in relevant field or previous experience of working on large scale government schemes and programmes
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English, ability to draft concept papers, evaluation summaries and key insight papers
• Data Collection, Data Analysis, Strategic Planning, Community mobilization,
• Knowledge on Monitoring and Evaluation based assessment frameworks, impact assessment tools and results-based assessment framework
• Ability to run and design surveys, expertise in qualitative & quantitative survey methods
• Prior experience working with large data sets and programming in Stata, SAS, or other statistical programs
• Fluency in Telugu
• Knowledge of related technical fields including training in macroeconomics,
econometrics, statistics, and advanced mathematics with demonstrated experience in
conducting regression analysis for social science-related data sets
Desired Personality traits:
• Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player
• Experience of working in a governmental and multi-donor environment/projects
• Willingness to travel to rural areas
Location: Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh
Remuneration: Commensurate with market standards
To apply, please fill this application form!
Position Name: District Programme Manager (DPM)
- Supporting mining affected communities with increased employment opportunities
- Strengthening delivery of quality healthcare to mining affected communities
- Ensuring that innovative programs are adopted and strengthened
- Overall improvement in social and economici indicators
About the Organisation: Swaniti Initiative is a social enterprise that aims to deliver development solutions by working in partnership with the central, state and district governments. We leverage on ground presence and the use of data and technology tools to strengthen last mile delivery of programs to the most vulnerable populations.
About the Position: We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional who is keen on taking up a leadership role in the development sector. The District Programme Manager (DPM) shall represent Swaniti and will lead a five-member team working in close coordination with District Administration for goals like unemployment reduction, livelihood generation, improving educational outcomes, ensuring healthcare delivery and poverty reduction. The Program manager would have quantifiable targets on how to most effectively deploy and manage programs and resources under the district minerals fund. The key role of leading the Project team for the Foundation would be to strategically identify projects and ensure the appropriate monitoring and impact assessment. The DPM will also have to demonstrate ability to manage team effectively. With the support of the team, the DPM would be expected to formulate and implement end-to-end strategy, while maintaining a consistent liaisioning with the district administration.
Post-graduate degree in any field with a preference for those possessing a degree in rural development, management or public administration.
3 years of work experience in the development sector. Preference given to candidates possessing experience working directly with grant making foundations and/or district administration.
At least 1 year of experience of working in leadership position where team size was bigger than 4 members
Stakeholder Relationship Management and Team Building
- DPM will represent Swaniti Initiative at District Level and function in coordination with the State Projects Lead of Swaniti Initiative
- Identify key high impact project that will result in significant (quantifiable) improvements in the life of those affected by the mining sector activities.
- Put in place the appropriate monitoring system to assess how ongoing Foundation projects are improving quality of life.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with strategic authorities at the district and state level to provide them with appropriate reporting of ongoing programs.
- Respond to any needs of the administration, including providing them with innovative ideas about incoming programs.
- Establish consistent communication networks with all external and internal stakeholders for immediate course correction measures
- Document the findings and the best practices and present at various platforms
- Building a motivated and skilled team at the district level and managing the same through constructive interventions
Institutionalising Systemic Changes
- The DPM will be expected to function as a resource person to the district and come up with recommendations which may support the government in initiating and institutionalising required structural changes.
Project Planning, Implementation, monitoring and Evaluation
- Conceptualize a wide range of impactful projects and implement the same for achievement of the goals at the district level.
- Collaborate with different verticals of Swaniti Initiative in formulating, strategizing, implementing and evaluating action research projects
- Develop impact evaluation matrix for the projects to ensure appropriate monitoring of the program.
- Work with Delhi team to identify innovative programs and project.
Reporting and Communication
- The DPM will function in close coordination with the State Project Lead, Swaniti Initiative, and District Collector, Ranchi
Skills Required and Personality Traits Preferred:
- Leadership Skill
- Team Management
- Strategic Planning
- Government Liaisioning
- Project Management
- Documentation and;
- Communication – Proficiency in Verbal and Written
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Google Drive and Survey Forms
- Emailing and Video Conferencing
- Tech Savvy
- Quick Learner
Details at a Glance:
- Job type: Full time
- Last date of application : 15th September 2020
- You need 1-2 page Resume and Statement of Purpose of not more than 500 words including one paragraph on “Why Swaniti?”
- No remote operation
Location: Ranchi, Jharkhand.
Remuneration: Commensurate with market standards
To apply, click application form.
About the Organisation: Swaniti Initiative is a 501 ( c ) 3 non profit that works on delivery of public services by strengthening governance. Swaniti works with government agencies and grassroots communities across South Asia in livelihood creation and social safety nets to ensure that all the most vulnerable have the financial support and health systems needed to grow and thrive. For example, Swaniti has been working with various Indian state governments to provide them with technical assistance to recognize why certain public service delivery gaps exist (for example low enrollment rate in welfare programs etc.) and how to, most effectively, overcome them and build capacity (for example suggesting targeted IEC programs). Our goal is to work through government agencies and communities to create systems for long term change.
About the Position:
Swaniti is currently seeking out a communications and outreach associate who has strong verbal and writing skills. As part of a small team, the professional will be expected to take on diverse roles however, communication will remain central to it. Roles and responsibilities would include the following:
- Writing briefs and research papers on governance and development in South Asia. For sample briefs check out http://www.swaniti.com/swaniti-thematic-briefs/#
- Reaching out to partners to organize online and/or face-to-face panel discussion events on key developmental issues.
- Coordinating with the Swaniti team to help in formulating strategic partners who can provide knowledge and/or technical assistance.
- Support in overall growth of Swaniti USA.
Undergraduate degree in political science, economics or related fields
At least 1 year of work experience in a think tank, development organization etc.
Strong preference given to those who have experience in South Asia
Understanding of international development and governance.
Preferred location: Washington DC
US Citizens only
Details at a Glance:
- Remote work possible
- Full Time Work Schedule
- Professional Engagement through Contract
- Application Deadline – September 20, 2020
- Job Starts – September 30, 2020
Location: Swaniti Initiative, Houston, TX, USA
Remuneration: Commensurate with market standards
How to Apply:
Please send the following documents at email@example.com with the Subject Line – “C&O Associate Swaniti USA”:
1. Cover Letter describing your professional background including 1 paragraph on “WHY SWANITI?”
2. 1 – 2 page/s CV that highlights specific work experience and/or education that align/s with the job description.
About Swaniti Initiative & Ank Aha: Swaniti Initiative is a non-partisan, social enterprise that delivers development solutions to policy makers and representatives. Swaniti works with state governments and Parliamentarians across 17 states. Swaniti supports on issues of health, education, gender, water, sanitation and livelihood. We work through a three-pronged approach: provide research support on key government programs and initiative, on ground implementation insights for delivery of public service and technological intervention to improve service delivery. Ank Aha is the technological partner of Swaniti Initiative. It works for supporting organisations and the government system with data tech solutions for better policy decisions and governance.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional who is keen to use financial management skills and tools for maintaining the financial health of the organisation.
- A certified Chartered Accountant as per the regulations of ICAI
- Candidate must have at least 2 years of work experience in the social development sector
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain appropriate records for all fixed assets of the organisation.
- Prepare and submit annual budget statement and financial reports.
- Process salaries and reimbursement claims of staffs of the organisation.
- Liaison with the bank on various issues and prepares bank reconciliation statements.
- Comply with all statutory and legal requirements of the organisation in a timely manner.
- Comply with all auditory requirements of the organisation in a timely manner.
- Assists and cooperates the top management to maintain the financial health of the organisation
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Competencies and Personality Traits:
- Integrity with professional ethics.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyses diverse information and manage the finances of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Competency in usage of Financial software, IT tools including proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Strong oral and writing skills in English.
What do you get in this role?
- Opportunity to work under the mentorship of a Harvard University MBA
- Opportunity to work in a high growth environment and manage finances including significant international transactions.
- Opportunity to work with Quickbooks and Tally environment.
- Opportunity to participate in strategic and financial planning with CEO and Board.
Location: New Delhi Office, Swaniti Initiative
Remuneration: Commensurate with market standards and relevant experience
Interested candidates may send their updated CV at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Name_FM_Month_2020’
*Application is on rolling basis.
To be informed of future opportunities, please click here.