Be the change you want to see!
For queries related to internship opportunities and full-time positions, please email us at email@example.com
- Senior Policy Analyst/Associate
- Data & Technology Openings
- Intern With Us!
- Register for Future Opportunities!
Swaniti Initiative is in the process of providing technical assistance to the state government of Bihar on health/nutrition/rural development issues. We are looking for a passionate individual who is keen on working in the development sector and various crucial development stakeholders like state government, district administration and regional NGOs & CBOs. The chosen individual shall work for supporting and facilitating the team to build better understanding on key Government Flagship programs covering health/nutrition/rural development for further interventions. Tasks would range from data evaluation, research and policy analysis, and curating discussions amongst policy-makers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Providing research and implementation support to the Government on key schemes in the area of health/nutrition/rural development.
- Identifying the gaps in the functioning of key schemes in the above mentioned sectors and providing the Government feedback on the same.
- Regular coordination with partner civil society organizations in Bihar to understand the challenges on the ground.
- Design research methodologies and analyse the implementation of key schemes and create end to end solutions for the same.
- Assess the effectiveness of recommended risk reduction actions or other interventions.
- Creation of documents and collaterals to support the Government.
- Design, implement, or assess service delivery mechanisms to enhance the outcome.
- Closely work with State and District Officials
- Master’s degree in Development Studies, Public Policy, Law, or other related social science streams
- 1-2 years of prior experiences in engaging with government institutions will be strongly preferred
Skills & Aptitudes
- Polished communication skills – Verbal and Written in Hindi and English both
- Awareness about government policies, schemes and functioning
- Exposure to the development sector, especially NGO interventions
- Organizational skills
- Strategic thinking and problems solving skills
- A team player with project handling abilities
- Details oriented and analytical
Remuneration: Commensurate with market standards and relevant experience
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2020
What do you need for the application:
- Your updated resume – Maximum 2 pages
- Cover Letter – Maximum 1 page
- Writing sample on any policy issues concerning around health or migration (750-1000 words)
To apply, please click here.
To be informed of future opportunities, please click here.