For queries related to internship opportunities and full-time positions, please email us at email@example.com
- Senior Policy Analyst/Associate
- Outreach Analyst
- DMFT Planning and Monitoring Unit – Project Officer, Civil Engineering
- Data & Technology Openings
Swaniti is looking for a passionate individual who is keen on working in the development sector and various crucial development stakeholders like state government, district administration and regional NGOs & CBOs. Swaniti Initiative currently provides technical, strategic and research support to Human Liberty Network (a network of NGOs working in the anti-trafficking domain in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar). The chosen candidate shall work on these operations in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, based primarily out of Lucknow and Patna. Tasks would range from data evaluation, research and policy analysis, and curating discussions amongst policy-makers.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Regular coordination with NGOs of Human Liberty Network (HLN) to understand their support requirements.
• Providing research support for reports on the functioning of key schemes in the area of trafficking and health.
• Creation of documentation and collaterals to support the network and individual organizations.
• Identifying the strategic gaps in the functioning of the network and devising methods to overcome them.
• Facilitating NGOs to build capacity at an individual level for policy engagement.
• Building network-level engagement to provide policy direction to HLN.
• Research on trafficking and forced labor – Legal, social, political and policy issues to strategize solutions.
• Closely work with State and District Officials.
Eligibility Criteria Qualification:
− Master’s degree in Development Studies, Public Policy, Law, and other related social science streams.
− 1-2 years of prior experiences in engaging with NGOs and government institutions especially around health-related concerns will be strongly preferred.
- Superior analytical and writing abilities.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to work quickly and provide deliverables at short notice.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational abilities.
- Ability to work in a team and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of government policies, schemes, and their functioning.
- Knowledge of the development sector, especially NGO interventions.
- Written and Verbal communication in Hindi is necessary.
Location: Patna and Lucknow.
Remuneration: As per the market standards.
Deadline: 26th January 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Selection will be done on a rolling basis.
Interested candidates may email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
• Resume (Max 2 page)
• Cover Letter (1 page)
• Writing sample on any policy issues concerning trafficking or health (750-1000 words)
Swaniti Initiative is looking for talented and highly motivated individuals who can provide policy assistance to the Parliamentarians and support the Policy team with outreach, in and around the Parliament Session. The individual will also be involved with the team, managing multiple tasks on key flagship program of outreach to Parliamentarians. Tasks would range from data evaluation, research and policy analysis, and curating discussions amongst policy-makers.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Keeping up to date with the proceedings of the Parliament.
• Evaluation of bills and policies, based on current discussions in both houses.
• Extensive research support to Parliamentarians, across various sectors including health, education, sanitation, livelihoods etc.
• Analyzing data and working on data visualization using open data sources.
• Connecting and coordinating with Parliamentarians and other officials.
• Supporting the outreach team in curating events, roundtable conferences and issue briefings for Parliamentarians and government policy-makers, including preparing case studies and research briefs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Engineering, Political Science and Law and other related fields from a reputed institution.
- 1-2 years of prior experience in roles related to problem-solving in any organization strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree in social science-related fields strongly preferred.
- Superior analytical and writing abilities
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Capacity to work quickly and provide deliverables at short notice
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational abilities
- Ability to work in a team and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of government policies, schemes and functioning
Location: New Delhi
Remuneration: As per the market standards
Interested candidates should email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
• Resume (Max 2 page)
• Cover Letter (1 page)
• Writing sample on any recent policy issue (750-1000 words)
We are looking for a passionate and experienced civil engineer who is keen on working in the development sector. The chosen candidate shall work as part of a five-member Project Management Unit (PMU) that shall work with the District Mineral Foundation (DMF) to monitor, plan for and implement development works in mining affected regions of the district. The Civil Engineer shall play a crucial role in monitoring the civil works underway as well as evaluating the completed works. We are looking specifically for driven professionals who are capable of working in a public sector setting while maintaining high productivity.
The candidate must be a graduate in civil engineering with minimum experience of 2 years working in the same field. The candidate must have experience monitoring and evaluating civil works. Preference will be given to candidates possessing previous experience of working with government departments.
- Study drawings and estimates of projects submitted by various line DMF(T) administrations for approval under the DMF. Propose alterations and revisions required, if any.
- Supervise various construction activities taken up under District Mineral Foundation (DMF).
- Ensure that the construction is in compliance with the drawing and estimates approved.
- Assess value of works done and approve bills/vouchers for fund release to the implementing agency.
- Report to the Team Leader, Planning and Monitoring Unit (PMU).
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Competencies and Skills
- It is imperative to follow and maintain high integrity and ethical standards as demanded by Swaniti Initiative as an organization, especially keeping in mind the murky nature of public sector civil works.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze diverse information and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Competency in usage of IT tools including proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Strong oral and written skills in English.
- Ability to communicate in Hindi is desirable.
Location: Pakur, Jharkhand
Remuneration: 4.8-6 LPA
Job Description: Full Time
For those applicants interested in the position please fill this form – https://forms.gle/
Swaniti provides compensation competitive to other social enterprises.